I was invited to a mother's day tea party at school this morning! They had their grand entrance and paraded around the room, then they sang some songs for the mommies. They each got a turn with the microphone (read the entry below), sang one more song and then they fed us dessert and brought us special punch! We got gifts (beautiful necklaces made out of paper flowers, beads and straws) and flowers planted in a plastic cup. It was a wonderfully beautiful morning. and Josh was so loving on me this morning! He just kept saying he loved me. It was pure joy!~
This morning, Adam and Ellie left early to head out to the construction sites. So Josh was hanging with me. I was standing at the closet trying to decide what to wear when Josh comes up and points to one of my nicer shirts and says, "Mommy, I think you would look beautiful in this, and I like these two too." He knew I needed some assistance! So, I decide to wear it for him. After I got dressed, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you look beautiful." I love when he says that to me! it is so sincere! His daddy is doing a wonderful job at teaching him how to be a man of noble character!
~
We had talked him into the possibility of Nana having to go with him to the tea party this morning incase Matthew had already arrived. So as much as I am ready for this baby to just get here already, I was so happy I could go to the tea party with him! As we got in the car he said, "Mom, we have to go get nana!" It was hard to explain to him that nana was at work and that mommy got to go to the tea party.
This is a picture of everyone else doing the movements to one of the songs and Josh not doing them. This is his shy side that only those lucky enough to go to school with him get to see.
Then they said their handprint poem and then they turned it around to say their flowerpot poem that was on the other side! I love having his hand prints, watching how he grows! It goes so fast and that is why I cherish days like today!
No comments:
Post a Comment