"How do trucks and cars get to heaven." said Josh"there are no trucks and cars in heaven." I said. A look of pure sadness came over Josh's face as I realize these are his idols and Gods and he wants to worship them for the rest of his life.
He must have thought I was crazy because he took it another step farther:
"well, what do they do at the construction sites? (thinking: how do we get to the sites and how do they move dirt?)" said josh.
"there are no construction sites in heaven either."
Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Cor 5:1
more sadness. i bet if he knew the word, he might have proclaimed "blasphamy!"
instead he says, "there are no construction sites in heaven!, why?"
"Well josh, Jesus has prepared everything for us already." after another puzzling look, I said, "everything is already built, there are lots and lots of rooms." (I think of the song "Big House" by Audio Adrenaline and I am thankful for the lyrics to help explain this to josh in a simplier way...)
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2
he seems ok with this for a bit and then another (random) question:
"how many chairs does God have?"
"One for everyone." I reply, with emphasis on "everyone" in awe of the amount.
"woah!" said josh!! "does he have a table?"
"a big big table with lots and lots of food!" (more lyrics from "Big House"...so i'm starting to think that i sing that song so much he is just referencing that mentally for asking his questions. especially since ellie knows the hand motions too.)

After reading a post from my good friend Lee about her little girl (Yaya, as Josh fondly calls her) and her questions about heaven, I am amazed at their questions and interest in heaven. I am also amazed at how much they can understand, or try to. I also realize what a huge thing (three things...i mean children) that has been entrusted to me to teach and the trust they have in our answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment