was our goal
and we made it!
I had gone to the Grand Canyon before
but Adam had never been.
This was his first view of the hole!
~
I remember why I took a whole roll of film
the first time I went...
You just can't capture it in one picture!
~
This was the coolest thing...
you take the pipe and set it in one of the grooves
on the round disk.
Each groove is labeled and tells you what you're
looking TOWARDS in the canyon.
It was not a telescope...
so I was so excited that Adam got a
pair of camera binoculars from Ben as a groomsman gift
(also good for someone obsessed with the Pittsburgh Pirates)
and that we brought them!
It was so fun to see down into the canyon!
There is actually a village/town down there!
proof i was actually there!
After we entered the park,
we ran into some traffic.
What could be wrong up ahead?
Everyone was stopping to take a picture of the elk.
not the moose. the elk.
just hanging out on the side of the road...
eating.
We later read in a tour book that you should stay
at least 40 feet from the elk.
No comments:
Post a Comment